Want to learn how to grow your business and make an impact?
Meet Mandy Bowman!
Mandy Bowman is the Founder and CEO of Official Black Wall Street, the largest app and digital platform helping consumers find, review, and patronize Black-owned businesses. After studying Entrepreneurship and Global Business Management at Babson College, she set out to empower the Black community through economics and ownership. The Brooklyn native felt called to launch the Official Black Wall Street platform in 2015, and the app in 2017, after witnessing the many challenges Black-owned businesses endured in her hometown of Brooklyn, New York, from lack of funding to being priced out due to gentrification.
Since then, Mandy has been at the forefront of the #BuyBlack movement, helping Black businesses around the world gain the exposure and resources they deserve. In 2017 Mandy was invited to TEDx Dover, the first TED event held at an HBCU, to give a talk on ownership and long term wealth in the Black community. In 2019, she made her return to the TEDx stage at TEDx Babson. In the past year alone Mandy was honored for her work with a citation from the Brooklyn Borough President, named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Powerful Women in Business, and became a Forbes Magazine Next 1000 Honoree. Today she is a fierce advocate for economics and ownership within the Black community.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The importance of Black Economics and Black Wealth
- How to grow your business while simultaneously advocating for the Black community
- tips for turning a hashtag to a viral movement
- Tips for Black businesses in gentrified areas
- Tips for your Black Business to get exposure
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram and twitter – and ask me your most important questions!
- Interested in learning how to grow your online business — learn how to market and monetize your business in less than 6 weeks. Join our Power Your Launch Marketing Accelerator
- Interested in a FREE training that will teach you how to run effective Facebook ads? Watch Full training here →
- Guest Links: Website | Instagram | Twitter |
Enjoying the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
Watch the Show